Sunday 21 February 2016

Brittany's Goldilocks Tale

Brittany has crafted this version of Goldilocks, check out her great use of vocabulary and language features like onomatopoeia and hyperboles. See if you can spot them all.


There are different versions of Goldilocks and the three bears like The Three bears and the classical Goldilocks and the three bears. Well all of them pictured me as the protagonist, all of them were wrong.
No one has ever heard my side of the story, the real story.Why not I tell you what happened?

Since I was a baby I was the greedy type, well I was practically a thief since I was 5. And well, I was nicknamed “ Little Devil”. I had been in jail once or twice... By that I maybe mean... Like a million times since I was a kid!

It was a beautiful day, birds were singing, flowers were blooming...And today, of all days I was being chased  by bodyguards.
And well, sometimes I’m not even sure how it happens.
Just before I was walking around the town market, I spotted someone that looked strange and they didn’t belong here at least not in my town.
Beside her two men in tuxedos stood, presumably bodyguards.
In each of their pockets I spotted a gun, just one of those usual Rifles.
The woman had a silk cape draped on her shoulders,  gems and jewels of all kinds like rubies, emeralds and crystals were embroidered onto her cape.
A small piece of a crystal could be seen in her pocket, as she walked I followed her.
I smirked at myself. I stepped forward onto her silk cape, it flung her backward and the crystal dropped out of her pocket.
CLANG!
I took a quick glance at the ground, or more importantly what was there.
I quickly swooped in, grabbing onto the crystal and running away as fast as I possibly could. The guards charged forward to grab the crystal off my hands.
I was just trying to ‘Borrow’ something. Welp, back to being chased..

I ran into the forest, small patches of mud were surrounding me.
I smirked at myself. I could trip them by leading them into the mud, I thought.
My heart pounded inside my chest, I ran toward one of the mud puddles. I jumped over the puddle, one of the guards fell in. Mud splattered everywhere, I hopped over the small puddles.
“Urgh!” I groaned, almost tripping into a puddle of mud. I quickly stepped down onto the ground with my other foot making sure I wouldn’t trip.
I struggled to get my foot out of the mud, I looked behind me.
The guard is almost here Come on! I thought to myself, determined to get out.
SHPLOT!
The mud let go of my foot, flinging me forward almost making me trip.
I looked forward, running away. I looked up to see a branch tall enough to hit the guard’s head.
I ducked underneath, grabbing onto the branch and pulling it backward.
The guard grunted, he fell backwards into a small puddle.
I looked behind, I chuckled.
I ran and ran until I got somewhere safe.
I watched a small family of bears leaving a small cottage in the woods. The door was left wide open allowing me to just run in.
The house was recently repainted and it let off a glowing shine into my eyes.
Hah, I could go in there... I thought to myself, as soon as they left into the woods from where I came from, I ran towards the door.
I put my hand onto the door, trying to open it.
Creeaaaak…
The door swung open.
I ran in, slamming the door behind me.I leant against the wall, pressing my back to the wall to make sure the door couldn’t open. I slid down to the floor, I looked around the house.
I could see a few valuables around the shelves, everything was right in place where I wanted it to be. Ranging from silver to gold, they stood out from the white colour of the walls.
I looked over at a small corner table, I ran over to it and pushed it over to the front door.
The guards knocked on the door, I didn’t reply.
“They mustn't be home” One of them said, all I could hear from through the wall was muffled speaking.
I sighed in relief, I walked away from the door.
I looked at the table, licking my lips. Three small bowls of porridge sat at the table, one large,one average sized and one small. Drool dripped down my chin. I rubbed my stomach, sitting down on the small chairs in front of the table.
My stomach growled, well I was hungry after all that running so..why not?
I grabbed onto one of the spoon and shoved some of the porridge from the largest bowl into my mouth, I spat it out.
“Hot,hot,hot, hot!”I shouted, I let go of the spoon.
I sighed, my luck was seriously running out.My hand grabbed onto the spoon, without hesitation I scooped some porridge from the medium sized bowl into my mouth.
“Too..cold!” I said, as I spat it out.
There’s nothing wrong with cold porridge but this one was freezing cold! I gulped, my hand hesitated to grab onto the last spoon. I dug the spoon into the last bowl of porridge, I put it into my mouth.
“Just right!” I said.
I smiled as I licked off the porridge off the spoon. I ate the rest quickly as if I hadn’t had food for days. I stood up thinking of what to do next..I chuckled at my thought, I grabbed onto the bowl smashing it onto the ground. I grabbed the last two, smashing them onto the table.
I smiled at myself proudly looking at the mess that I had made.
BURP!
I giggled, patting my bloated stomach.I walked into the room next to the dining room.
I looked at the 3 chairs, same as the porridge. One was huge, the other was quite a nice size and the last one quite small.
“Pretty!” I said, as if I was a small little girl eager to open a christmas present with beautiful wrapping.
I sat on the biggest one, I slowly peeled away at the fabric. I giggled, shreds of the fabric were scattered all over the floor.
Once I got quite a big chunk of it off,  I still wasn’t satisfied with the amount of trouble I had caused yet.
I sat on the next chair, a small book sat on top.Without caring I sat on the book and the chair.
“This one’s pretty too!” I said, acting like a child. I tore away at the fabric, one chunk fell off onto the ground. After I had finished, the floor was in a bad condition and the chairs looked worse then ever. I chuckled at my excuses and what I did.
I sat onto the smallest chair, it was made purely out of wood. I sat down leaning backwards to take a rest. It broke off with me landing on the ground.
I had my fun and I was tired. My back was aching from the fall so I went to find a bed.
Before I could get there, I spotted the valuables on the shelves.. My eyes were attracted to them like magnets. I ran towards them and started to stuff my pockets full of jewelry, gold and coins. I hurried upstairs to the bedroom to find the comfiest bed to sleep on.
The bedroom had 3 different beds, ranging from big to small. I jumped onto the big bed and it was way too hard. It made my back worse than before. The medium sized bed was was too soft, I could feel the wood poking at my skin. With no cushioning at all, I leaped over to the baby bed. It was tiny but comfy. It wasn’t too soft or hard, just right texture for my back. I laid there and in no time I fell asleep.  
The three bears came back to see their house in a mess, broken pieces of ceramic everywhere with fabric lying on the ground. I heard the screams of terror coming from below. I got woken up from my ‘amazing’ dream. While they weren’t paying attention, I bolted down the stairs and escaped through the back door. My footsteps weren’t as heavy as the biggest bear there. Luckily they couldn’t hear me.  I laughed hysterically at myself and skipped away happily, another bad deed done. Another day over.

And that was the true story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears.


And only the beginning of my life of crime...

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment