Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Dancing Raisins by Cooper


On the 17th of May 2016 the Whole of Hub 8 did a science literacy day.

The first thing Mrs Parker literacy group did was all walk over quietly to Mr Stuart's area. We all sat down and listened to what we would be doing and how it works. Mr Stuart told us why the raisins would go up and down. He told us that the raisins go up and down because the bubble hold onto the wrinkles lift it up to the top and the bubble pops so then the raisin goes back down. Then Mr stuart explained to us what ingredients we would be needing. You need Soda Water, 7 raisins and a cup to put the ingredients in.

Mr Stuart then told us to get into our groups of 3. The group I was in with was Charlotte, Georgia and myself. We walked over to our table and sat down. Then Charlotte had a idea to make a video about. As soon as Mr Stuart came with the ingredients we needed to do this experiment we turned the camera on and started the video. I poured the soda in the cup and Georgia put in the seven raisins. Then Charlotte told the video what we were going to be doing.

When we put the raisins in the bubbles started to stick to the raasin and start to lift it to the top. We watched the bubbles go to the top and popping and dropping it. We each wrote down what we were seeing. The longer the raisins were in the cup the colors would change and the raisins looked like they getting even more wrinkly. We each took turns showing the camera what was happening in the cup and it was my turn. I picked the cup up and after a couple of minutes no one else wanted to hold it so I was stuck holding it. When I didn't know it all of a sudden I dropped the cup. When I dropped I quickly ran to get the paper towels and quickly wiped the table. When I was finished cleaning the mess up, Me and Charlotte quickly on the computer to see if the video but it wasn't. We were really disappointed but we were fine.

That was one of the coolest experiments ever. It was cool learning about why and how the raisins were going to float. It was funny how I dropped the cup. I had a really fun time.
By : Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment