Tuesday 14 June 2016

Austen's Recount: Camp with Lucas


E- Asttle Writing - Recount

Write a plan here:
Where- Just north of the bombay hills.
When- 14-16 February
What- Summer camp.
Who- Lucas, Mum, Dad, Lauren and I.
Why- For Explorers club.

Day 1- Going there and doing some activities and settling in.
Day 2- Doing to the do the activities and doing an activity challenge.
Day 3- Packing up and going heading home.

Conclusion- I had a good time at the Explorers camp and I took a risk by going down the flying fox from the top.

Start your writing here:


It was the 14 of February and I was going to pick up my best friend Lucas. We were going to take him on a camp with my Mum, Dad and Sister, The camp was just north of the Bombay Hills and it was going to take some time to get there. When we arrived his mum gave his clothes for the camp and some things to keep him busy as we drove along. Then we began our trip to camp.

Finally 45 minutes later we arrived at camp. We went and met Jessica who is the head of Explorers and she checked us in and showed us where our room was, it was number 56. Then we got all of our things out of the car and we chose what bed we wanted, I chose the top one and Lucas slept beneath me. Then we went into the clubhouse for lunch. We had lunch and played a with the Duplo while the adults had a cup of tea.

After lunch Mum said Lauren, Lucas and I could go out and explore the camp and show Lucas around but we had to stay together. First we showed Lucas around the club house. Then we showed him around the playground. Next we showed him found the up the hill. Finally we showed him the forest with the bonfire where we toasted marshmallows!

Then we went to the playground and over there they also had an obstacle course. We also played tag and manhunt with a few other Explorers members and that was fun we all decided that we wanted to go on some of the activities, so we got changed into our
togs and we met by the post. Then we chose what activities we wanted to do. Fist me and Lucas went on the water slide, I went down back wars and head first.

Then we moved on to the floating pontoons and we did cool tricks of them, like back flips. Then we tried to do the obstacle courses Lucas tried the Easy red level and I did the medium blue level. It was hard  but a lot of fun. We also went kayaking on the lake. We also did the flying fox for the first time, I was so scared but I managed to face my fears and do it! To celebrate we  did the final activity for the day wish was this balancing course.

Afterwards, we had dinner and It was delicious and then we got into our p-jams and went to bed we read a book to end the day it had been a good day and I am glad I faced my fears because the flying fox was awesome. But this was just day one!

To Be Continued………..!

No comments:

Post a Comment